Frequently Asked Questions About Bankruptcy

Attorney Serving Clients in Willoughby and Lake County

Are you currently considering filing for bankruptcy? Here at Axelrod Law Office, we are here to help you to make the process of choosing and filing for bankruptcy easier on you. We know that this decision is not an easy one, and it is our goal to ease your anxiety and concerns. With more than 10 years of experience practicing law, our Willoughby lawyer has the knowledge which can work to your benefit. Our firm is here to help answer any questions that you have. Below, you will find answers to some of the most common questions we receive. Call us at (440) 926-6639 if you have any additional concerns.

Does bankruptcy stay on my credit report? For how long?
The length of time which bankruptcy stays on your report will depend on the type of bankruptcy for which you file. Generally, it stays on your record for 7 to 10 years. During this time, you can work on rebuilding your credit.

Will the bill collectors and creditors stop trying to collect from me?
Yes. If you choose to file for Chapter 13 or Chapter 7 bankruptcy, an automatic stay will go into effect. This means you will no longer be contacted by creditors and they will not be able to take any collection actions against you.

Do I need an attorney to file for bankruptcy?
It is not required for you to have an attorney to file for bankruptcy; however, it can benefit you greatly. Our legal team has extensive knowledge and experience which we can put to use to establish a workable plan of action on your behalf.

Why choose Axelrod Law Office?
Our firm has more than a decade of legal experiencing helping clients in a wide range of legal matters, including bankruptcy. We work with our clients to determine the strongest possible action for them. We are dedicated to your best interests, every step of the way.

You can trust our team. Call (440) 926-6639 for your complimentary case evaluation today.

Contact Axelrod Law Office

We Will Go Above & Beyond The Call Of Duty For You

Send My Information